Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bcemail

Default Copying a total from another Sheet

I have a workbook setup with about 15 worksheets. Each sheet (except
the 1st) represents an office budget, and has a total at the bottom of
the cost column (basic "sum" total). The first sheet has the totals of
all the offices, which are then totaled. I'm trying to determine if it
is possible to have the 1st sheet update an office's total, when a
value in that particular office's sheet is changed. I've tried
referencing each sheet's total on the 1st sheet, but it just copies the
exact formula, so it totals the fourth column on the 1st sheet (which is
blank).
I'm not sure if it's possible to copy a total formula, and then to have
those copied totals totaled, for a grand total figure.
Hope this makes sense. If not, just let me know and I'll try and
explain it better.
Thanks!

--
bcemail
bcemail's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28992

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sloth

You should be able to reference the cells with the total in them. For
instance a cell in Sheet1 can reference A4 in Sheet2 with
=Sheet2!A4

"bcemail" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
William Horton

It sounds like you are trying to copy the formula / cell from the other
sheets to sheet 1. Instead try typing in a cell in sheet 1 "=Sheet2A1" where
A1 = the cell reference of the value that you want to return. Then whenever
the value in Sheet2A1 changes, it should also change on sheet 1 where you
entered the formula.

You could also put on sheet 1 if you wish "=Sheet2A1 + Sheet3A1 + etc".

Hope this helps.

Bill Horton

"bcemail" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Bill

An easier method for your formula if A1 of each sheet is to be summed.

=SUM(Sheet2:Sheet15!A1)

Gord Dibben Excel MVP