Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default userdata does not exist

I had to reinstall office 2003 on a machine running win2k and with this one
user anytime trying to open a file by double clicking on it the error message
comes up Error 1402. Setup cannot open the registry key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\OFFICE\11.0\E XCEL.

I went into the registry and when trying to click on that key it is telling
me access denied and that is only on this one user. I am admin and can open
up things with no problem on my login.