reegan96

Default PLEASE HELP......COPY DATA FROM ONE WORKSHEET TO ANOTHER

I have left a few posts with respect to this, but have been unable to receive
any help that I understand....I'm a REAL newbie.

I am trying to set up a worksheet that will automatically transfer
a row of data (formatted for text, date and numberical data) to another
worksheets within the same workbook based on a keyword contained within that
row. There will be more than 1 row with the same keyword, and I would like
EACH row containing the keyword to copy into a separate row in the 2nd
worksheet. Is this possible? And does it make sense????

ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thanks SOOOOO MUCH!

JulieD

Hi Reegan

it's always a good idea that if you don't understand the advice you receive
to reply in the same thread and ask for additional help .. .because people
reading the question, if they haven't seen the other replies, are more than
likely to keep telling you the same thing.

I went looking for your other posts to see what advice you did receive and i
can't find them - which means that you've either changed the name you've
posted under, or posted in a different group (or they somehow have just
disappeared) - either way, this will increase the likelihood of me saying
the same as everyone else has said ... so i'm not going to directly answer
your question .... i'm going to explain why you can't get a "simple answer"

.... basically you can not do what you want to do automatically without using
code - so yes it is possible but it is not easy. If you are willing to use
a code solution, you will need to REPLY POST with details of your sheet
names and how you want to identify the rows to copy & paste ... do you want
to enter a keyword at a time and have that information copied, or do you
have a list of keywords and destination sheets already (if you do, let us
know what they are in the reply post).

some partial options for you, if you do not want to go down the vba route,
is to use filtering & then copy & paste the data to where you want it
....Debra Dalgleish has some notes on filtering on her website at
www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
--
Cheers
JulieD
"reegan96" wrote in message
I have left a few posts with respect to this, but have been unable to
receive
any help that I understand....I'm a REAL newbie.

I am trying to set up a worksheet that will automatically transfer
a row of data (formatted for text, date and numberical data) to another
worksheets within the same workbook based on a keyword contained within
that
row. There will be more than 1 row with the same keyword, and I would
like
EACH row containing the keyword to copy into a separate row in the 2nd
worksheet. Is this possible? And does it make sense????

ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thanks SOOOOO MUCH!

Reegan

Thanks Julie for your help.

Basically I have a worksheet named "Tracking" which contains columns for (A)
Date, (B) Code, (C-E are merged) Task and (F) Hours. The cell range that
contains the data is A14:F54.

I then have multiple worksheets with different names (e.g. BWDW, IWAFIPP,
LTD, etc. which are the "Code" names) and the cell range available to have
this information transferred to is A62:G91 (note that C-G are merged as one
field). What I would like is to be able to have all the row information
(except for the "Code") transferred from the "Tracking" worksheet to the
Worksheet with that specific code name. (E.g. the row that contains the Code
"BWDW" transferred to the "BWDW" Worksheet)......But only the information in
the row which contains the Date, Task and Hours info (not the Code info as
that is being transferred into the corresponding worksheet.

I hope I'm not being too confusing....but I'm trying to explain it the best
I can.

Thanks again for all your help. I REALLY appreciate it.

Reegan