nonapp

Default REQ: A utilities program that would allow me to make columns into row for headings?

I used a program years ago that would easily take a column and make a
row out of it for headings and vice-versa. Are there any similar
programs to this "ASAP Utilities" that anyone may have heard of? This
was a 3rd party program that I downloaded off the Microsoft website.
TIA
nonapp
Dave O

Have you looked into the Copy Paste Special Transpose option? This
will take a column and paste it as a row, and vice versa.

nonapp

On 25 Oct 2005 16:31:35 -0700, "Dave O" wrote:

Have you looked into the Copy Paste Special Transpose option? This
will take a column and paste it as a row, and vice versa.

See, here-in lies the problem...all of you people with MORE than half
a brain don't understand that you can't rely on those of us with LESS
than half a brain to understand that there are things "implied" in
your instructions. So, therefore, when you say, "Copy Paste Special
Transpose", we ASSUME (please resist the temptation to repeat the

definition of "ASSUME") that you mean exactly what you say! When we
LESS than half-brainers DO the thing you say, we get ERROR messages
from the little paper clip thingy. If you had said, "Copy Paste
Special Transpose" (and, oh, by the way, don't forget to click the
"Formulas" button at the top of the "Special Paste" feature and make
sure you have highlighted a cell outside your original column)" we
wouldn't spend the next HOUR trying to make the "Copy Paste Special
Transpose" command work because we know what geniuses you are! :O)

I'm just "funnin'" with you; thanks for the help...I DID finally get
it to work, but I had to figure out that there was a little more to it
than JUST "transpose". It will save me huge amounts of time. God
bless.
nonapp
Dave O

Ugh- sorry to inadvertently cause so much grief. I promise to be as
crisp as I can next time.

nonapp

It doesn't matter how crisp YOU are if the recipient is SOGGY!

I have only recently discovered THESE groups in the wide, wide world
of Newsgroups...up until now it's been mostly hard to find music for
me. It's incredible how much information you guys put out there. I
won't go on and on about it, but I'll be lurking in the shadows,
sucking up tips & shortcuts to beat the band.
Thanks again to all of those that participate.
nonapp