Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
swissforestry

Default Useing a Logrithmic y=intercept in a cell

Please help

How can I post this function into a cell:

y = 16.899Ln(x) - 11.928

This is the Y-intercept from a tredline. If you right click a line in a
scatter chart, you can click "show trendline". Under trend line, you can
ask it to display the formula. That is where I got this formulla. So, I
want to put this into a cell so I can "drag" it down to solve for X.

I.E. With a standard (non logrithmic) line my formula looks like this:

y = 0.4121x + 13.416, which I translate into the cell to this:

=0.4121*B5+13.416

From that I can drag it down to fill in the blanks.

Now, I cant do this with the logrithmic line, becuase I havent figured
out how to paste the function for "Ln"

Anyone know how?

--
swissforestry
swissforestry's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28719

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
swissforestry

Of course within minutes of postingt this i figure it out.

y = 16.899Ln(x) - 11.928

translates to this:

=(16.899)*LN(B5)-11.928

--
swissforestry
swissforestry's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28719
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=496445

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jerry W. Lewis

The coefficient values are rounded by default. You can format the
trenline coefficients to display full precision (scientific notation
with 14 decimal places), or you can calculate then directly in Excel

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...d0f2172c25a661

Jerry