Hermes

Default How can I copy a list from word into a single cell in excel

Data in word is presented as a bullet list. I have copied this data into a
new doc and removed the formatting to leave just the list of items. I now
wish to copy this data into excel but want it to appear in one single cell
retaining its list format rather than continuous text
Barb Reinhardt

Well, you can save it as TEXT and then read into WORD. If you really want
it in one cell, you can then concatenate the values together using a formula
similar to this

=A1&B1
If you want a space between the data, use
=A1&" "&B1

Remember that there is a cell length limit that you may come up against.

"Hermes" wrote in message
Data in word is presented as a bullet list. I have copied this data into
new doc and removed the formatting to leave just the list of items. I now
wish to copy this data into excel but want it to appear in one single cell
retaining its list format rather than continuous text

Debra Dalgleish

Copy the list in Word
In Excel, select the cell where you want the list to appear
Click in the Formula bar
Click the Paste button on the toolbar.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Hermes

Thank you for responding. My colleague has returned and the easy option is
to remove all formatting from the list in word, copy it and then double click
the cell in excel before you paste. This allows you to edit the text in
excel as well! So simple but not mentioned anywhere aaaaaaaarghh!