Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
name

Default averageif

Is there an equivalent to sumif for average, i.e. averageif? If not, do
you know of any simple solutions?

I was thinking of creating a separate row to hold the relevant data
subset. Using an if statement, I would blank out ("") all the values
from the original data set not needed for the average calculation. And
then just calculate the average on the new data subset. I figured,
however, that there was probably a more desirable way to do this. Any
help is appreciated.

--
name
name's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34115

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

=AVERAGE(IF(rng1=condition,rng2))

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips