Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel Formula

I need a formula to count the number of rows in which two of it's cells meet
3 different criteria.

So, it counts the number of rows where one rage of cells D2:D231 is equal to
23, and another range F2:F231 is greater than or equal to C5 and less than D5.

I've tried a bunch of variations including IF, AND, and COUNTIF, but I'm not
getting the right numbers. Thx.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT((D2:D231=23)*(F2:F231=C5)*(F2:F231<D5 ))

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Feb 26, 9:00*am, Denabean
wrote:
I need a formula to count the number of rows in which two of it's cells meet
3 different criteria.

So, it counts the number of rows where one rage of cells D2:D231 is equal to
23, and another range F2:F231 is greater than or equal to C5 and less than D5.

I've tried a bunch of variations including IF, AND, and COUNTIF, but I'm not
getting the right numbers. * *Thx.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

please try this formular for "counts the number of rows where one rage of
cells D2:D231 is equal to 23"
=COUNTIF(D2:D25,23)

for "range F2:F231 is greater than or equal to C5 and less than D5." please
try as below

1) add one column as G2:G231(copy this formular in range G2:G231)
=if(AND(F2=C5,F2<D5)1,0)

2) at cell G24 =SUM(G2:G231)

"Denabean" เขียน: