DEH

Default How do I create a bulleted list text format inside cell?

I am collecting data and want to format the text inside the "notes" (my
title) cell so that it can be more easily read. I would like to make a
bulleted list. There are several cells that need this formatting. Is this
possible?

Dave Peterson

Use alt-enter to force a new line within the cell.

As a formula:

=a1&char(10)&"hi there"&char(10)&b1

You may have to turn on wrap text (if you see square boxes where those
alt-enters are).
format|cells|alignment tab

--

Dave Peterson
Gord Dibben

In a cell hit ALT + 0149(from NumPad)

Type some text then hit ALT + ENTER.

Hit ALT + 0149 then type some more text.

The ALT + ENTER will give a carriage return.

The ALT + 0149 will give a Bullet.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP