Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sorting Colored list

Hi,

I have two columns of numbers and I have used conditional formating
such that if a number from the second column matches the one on the
first, then use a green colour for the cell for that matched number.
Now I want to sort this list in a way that I can bring all the
coloured cells together. Is there a way for that. Thanks

Mahadevan Swamy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In Excel 2007 yes, in previous versions use a help column/row and tag the
help column with the same criteria you used in your conditional formatting
then sort by the help column. The only other option is VBA code

Peo Sjoblom

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I have two columns of numbers and I have used conditional formating
such that if a number from the second column matches the one on the
first, then use a green colour for the cell for that matched number.
Now I want to sort this list in a way that I can bring all the
coloured cells together. Is there a way for that. Thanks

Mahadevan Swamy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ok. Atleast how do I match the numbers from the second column to the
ones in the first column and perform an easy sorting to check which
numbers are matching and which is not?

Thanks

Swamy

wrote in message

oups.com...

Hi,

I have two columns of numbers and I have used conditional formating
such that if a number from the second column matches the one on the
first, then use a green colour for the cell for that matched number.
Now I want to sort this list in a way that I can bring all the
colouredcellstogether. Is there a way for that. Thanks

Mahadevan Swamy- Hide quoted text -