Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Dynamic Chart Title With 3D Stacked Column Chart

Excel 2007

I have a 3D stacked column chart that contains two data series. My data
looks like this:

Month Warnings Critical Incidents Misc Incidents
January 12 5 1
February 8 7 3
March 7 12 1

I would like to add a chart title that contains the current year. I would
like the year number in the title to update automatically. With a 3D
clustered column chart, I can do that by putting a formula in a cell, and
including that cell in the chart range. I can't seem to make that work with
the 3D stacked column chart. Is there any way to create a dynamic chart
title with a 3D stacked column chart?

Thanks for any help that you can offer.

--Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Thomas,

Select the chart and the Chart Tools ribbon tabs will be displayed to the
right of the other Ribbon names.

Select the Layout tab.

Select Chart Title in the Labels block.

Select the option where you want the title to be displayed.

Highlight the default text in the chart title box.

Click in the Worksheet Formula bar.

Type = and then select the cell that contains the required chart title and
then press Enter.

Note that you can change worksheets when selecting the cell with the
required chart title.

OssieMac

"Thomas M." wrote:

Excel 2007

I have a 3D stacked column chart that contains two data series. My data
looks like this:

Month Warnings Critical Incidents Misc Incidents
January 12 5 1
February 8 7 3
March 7 12 1

I would like to add a chart title that contains the current year. I would
like the year number in the title to update automatically. With a 3D
clustered column chart, I can do that by putting a formula in a cell, and
including that cell in the chart range. I can't seem to make that work with
the 3D stacked column chart. Is there any way to create a dynamic chart
title with a 3D stacked column chart?

Thanks for any help that you can offer.

--Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Perfect! Worked like a charm. I knew it was possible, but I'm more
familiar with Excel 2003 and I'm still learning where things are located in
Excel 2007.

Thanks for the help!

--Tom