Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default SIZE Window, Tile, Worksheet, Workbook, Whatever it's called.

Is it the tile, the window whatever you call it when you call it it's proper
name it is my project. The part inside the main excel window is smaller than
the main excel window and I can't maximize it. I can max and min the main
window but not the tile. I thought it was a tile so I will, until corrected,
call it the tile. The help menu says to either double click the title bar OR
left click the box at the top right of the title bar. If I could make either
of those happen I would not be writeing this.
If I close the said project and open another excel file, new or completed,
the minimize box, the maximize box, and the "X" to close box are all where
there supposed to be. NOT on the "TILE" in question. This is the 3rd day I
have been trying to maximize this workbook. The workbook has 7 worksheets
and none of them have the min, max, or close X boxes. All of my other excel
creations have them. I must have done something to some control option or
adjustment.
PLEASE HELP. I WILL NOT MIND IF YOU ADDRESS ME AS MORON. I MUST BE ONE FOR
THIS TRICK.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

DISREGARD - IN READING OTHER PEOPLE'S PROBLEMS I FOUND THAT I DAD THE
WORKSHEETS PROTECTED. THANKS ANYWAY!
I DO HOWEVER STILL NEED TO KNOW THE ANSWER TO MY PREVIOUS QUESTION.
JAMESINNEEDFOOTBALLINDEED

"JamesInNeedFootballInDeed" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You did not have the worksheets protected.

You had the workbook protected.

Your previous question was???

BTW: the "Tile" is known as the Active Window

Please drop the Caps. Hard on the ears.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 13:02:03 -0700, JamesInNeedFootballInDeed
om wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Yes, sorry about the cap thing. My intentions were to let guys like yourself
know that my issue was resolved. I believe you responded to someone else
with a similar issue and I found that responce while waiting on a responce to
my "Active Window" post. Yes, I had the damn thing protected. I simply did
not know any better. Again, I Thank You!
I do have an outstanding issue and "thought," my bad, that it could be
found via my sign in name. If you wouldn't mind takeing a look, I have it in
an e-mail I can paste below. Either way, Thank's GD.

I want to finish a workbook that calculates the difference between the two
scores of a football game. Example: My team is Philadelphia this week and
they beat the Dallas Cowboys 38 - 7. Since I chose the Eagles as my team
this week I receive the difference between 38 and 7, or 31 points. Another
guy in the same friendly football pool, who has Dallas gets a score of -31.
The pool is called the "margin of Victory".
I have just about everything else ready with the exception of how to get
Excel 2003 to calculate the difference for (1) Philadelphia (PHI) and (2) the
poor guy that chose
Dallas (DAL) that week. I need to get the calculation of the same score to
generate two answers. One answer if you have PHI and another if you have DAL

The only other thing I have to do is have excel recognize that anyone (of
the 25 of us in the pool) that chose PHI that week (or whatever team chosen,
they all have specific abbreviations) be appropriated the 31 points and vice
versa gor the Cowboy's fan. I'll be done. I thought I could figure this
part out
but have not been able. It's now week 9. HELP

om wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I did notice your earlier post about the footbal game problem.

I by-passed it because I could not figure it out<g

Gord