-   -   command button in excel will move when print. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/2667-re-command-button-excel-will-move-when-print.html)

[email protected]

command button in excel will move when print.

I've downloaded the patch indicated below and I'm still having the same
problem mentioned here where command buttons move after printing the
worksheet (via control-P command). While I'd like Excel to stop moving
the command buttons, if I can't prevent them from moving I'd like to
use code to move them back where I want them. Any ideas how I'd go
about doing that?

Matt

Dave Peterson wrote:
xl2002???

Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002

But Jim Rech recently posted this:
This article is now obsolete. Since the 10/12/2004 security patch
there is no need to get a hotfix (although this article does not

directly
mention this fix, it's in there).

But Myrna Larson posted that it didn't work for her in all her

workbooks.

TSH wrote:

I have some command button and list box in my excel worksheet. When

i print
his worksheet, some of the button at right sides will move to left

sides. Why?

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

I think that once they've moved, you wouldn't be able to determine where they
came from.

But did you try the suggestion in this:

Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002

WORKAROUND
To work around this problem, configure the positioning properties of the command
button to the Move and size with cells option. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Right-click the command button, and then click Format Control.
2. On the Properties tab, click Move and size with cells.
3. Click OK.

By default, this option is set to the Move but don't size with cells option.