Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kanga 85

Default Indirect Addressing

On Sheet1 I have in Cell A1 a variable number, say 100.
In cell A2 on Sheet1 I wish to place the value of the cell in Sheet2 C100,
where the 100 is the value obtained from "Sheet1"A1.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

Hi!

Try this:

=INDIRECT("Sheet2!C"&A1)

Biff

"Kanga 85" wrote in message
On Sheet1 I have in Cell A1 a variable number, say 100.
In cell A2 on Sheet1 I wish to place the value of the cell in Sheet2 C100,
where the 100 is the value obtained from "Sheet1"A1.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ragdyer

Try this:

=INDEX(Sheet2!C:C,A1)

--
HTH,

RD

"Kanga 85" wrote in message
On Sheet1 I have in Cell A1 a variable number, say 100.
In cell A2 on Sheet1 I wish to place the value of the cell in Sheet2 C100,
where the 100 is the value obtained from "Sheet1"A1.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kanga 85

"Ragdyer" wrote:

Try this:

=INDEX(Sheet2!C:C,A1)

--
HTH,

RD

"Kanga 85" wrote in message
On Sheet1 I have in Cell A1 a variable number, say 100.
In cell A2 on Sheet1 I wish to place the value of the cell in Sheet2 C100,
where the 100 is the value obtained from "Sheet1"A1.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Thanks Biff and Raqdyer