Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Importing external data into non consecutive rows

Hello,

I am compiling data from a survey sent to various "experts," where they rank
musical guitarists in different categories (technical, sales, etc) with a
number.

I sent those surveys out in an Excel format, so that it would be easier for
me to work with later. The column headings are for the categories, and the
rows are the individual guitarists themselves.

I am now getting those surveys back, and want to quickly import their
rankings into a summary spreadsheet that I have already setup. So far, so
good, except that I need to be able to import data from survey into non
consecutive rows on the summary sheet.

In the summary sheet, I have the following formula in cell C3 to import data
from one expert's survey:

='[Black''s Results.xls]Email Survey'!C2

This formula works fine, and when I drag the fill handle to fill in the rest
of row 3, I am pulling in all the correct values from the survey sheet.

The next step is the problem that I need help with. Because I have the
summary sheet setup to hopefully import other experts results for the same
guitarist, I cannot simply drag row 3's formula down to row 4. In this case,
I need row 4 (the ranking of the next guitarist) of the expert's survey to
appear in row 10 of the summary sheet. I then need row 5 of the expert's
sheet to appear in row 17 of the summary sheet. And so on and so forth,
taking the next row in the expert's sheet and importing it 7 rows later in my
summary sheet.

I can't figure out a formula to do this. Help please! Thanks!