Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel formula to incrementally increase a value by 1 every 365 day

I need help with correct formula to take a starting date from one cell and
place a formula in another cell that will increase the number by one for
every 365 days.

Employment date 5/30/2010 - 365 days past, new cell shows value "1"
representing 1 year
Another year passes and the new cell automatically updates to show the value
"2" representing 2 years employment

Another 365 days pass I need the value of the cell to automatically increase
to "3"

I tried the IF functions with TODAY() function but don't quite have it
solved correctly.

Thanks for your help if you will please...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try
=DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"y")

or with error/blank cell handling...
=IF(AND(A10,A1<=TODAY()),DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"y"), "")

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"ScheduleMyAppointmentNow_Com" wrote:

I need help with correct formula to take a starting date from one cell and
place a formula in another cell that will increase the number by one for
every 365 days.

Employment date 5/30/2010 - 365 days past, new cell shows value "1"
representing 1 year
Another year passes and the new cell automatically updates to show the value
"2" representing 2 years employment

Another 365 days pass I need the value of the cell to automatically increase
to "3"

I tried the IF functions with TODAY() function but don't quite have it
solved correctly.

Thanks for your help if you will please...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

With startdates in A2 down
put in B2: =DATEDIF(A2,TODAY(),"y")