Excel GuRu

Default Pivot Tables multiple data fields

I'm new to pivot tables and am trying to find ways to use them.

Is it possible to have multiple fields of "Data" appearing horizontally so
it is easy to compare? I'm thinking of data that includes dollars,
percentages, and sales units. When these items appear vertically and sum,
they are meaningless and hard to analyze.

Ken Wright

Yes, and if the sums at the bottom or right are meaningless then simply right
click on the table, choose Table Options and untick 'Grand Totals for Rows' or
'....for Columns'

You can drag multiple fields into the data area and as you say they will then
appear vertically underneath a single grey header marked 'Data'. then just grab
that cell marked 'Data' and drag it into the COLUMN FIELDS area and they will
all appear horizontally.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Excel GuRu" <Excel wrote in message
I'm new to pivot tables and am trying to find ways to use them.

Is it possible to have multiple fields of "Data" appearing horizontally so
it is easy to compare? I'm thinking of data that includes dollars,
percentages, and sales units. When these items appear vertically and sum,
they are meaningless and hard to analyze.

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Debra Dalgleish

If you drag the Data button onto the cell that contains the word Total,
the data fields will be arranged horizontally. There's a picture he

Excel GuRu wrote:
I'm new to pivot tables and am trying to find ways to use them.

Is it possible to have multiple fields of "Data" appearing horizontally so
it is easy to compare? I'm thinking of data that includes dollars,
percentages, and sales units. When these items appear vertically and sum,
they are meaningless and hard to analyze.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html