tapndog

Default How do I sort addresses in excel?

I have clients listed in alphabetical order, name in column A, type in B,
street address in column C, ect. I want to sort my list by addresses,
preferably the street number and name as follows... Wilson 138 Arnold Dr.
KIng 140 Arnold Dr.
Davis 189 Arnold Dr.
Lang 103 Bell Creek
Morris 285 Burtman Road.
PATRICK AND CHERY LANANE

Couldn't you just go to Data, and to an auto A-Z filter but tell it to look
in the column that your Street addresses are in? And have it sort by
ascending or decinding, provided you have your street addresses entered
constantly?

"tapndog" wrote in message
I have clients listed in alphabetical order, name in column A, type in B,
street address in column C, ect. I want to sort my list by addresses,
preferably the street number and name as follows... Wilson 138 Arnold

Dr.
KIng 140 Arnold Dr.
Davis 189 Arnold Dr.
Lang 103 Bell Creek
Morris 285 Burtman Road.

tapndog

When I sort it I would like it to sort it by the street name and lowest
street number for that street, this way it will be grouped by street names in
alphabetical sequence with the lowest street number first.

"tapndog" wrote in message
I have clients listed in alphabetical order, name in column A, type in B,
street address in column C, ect. I want to sort my list by addresses,
preferably the street number and name as follows... Wilson 138 Arnold

Dr.
KIng 140 Arnold Dr.
Davis 189 Arnold Dr.
Lang 103 Bell Creek
Morris 285 Burtman Road.

ogre2673

Try using text to columns to have the street numbers in one column and the
road name in another. Then you can sort the road name in ascending order
first and the street number second. You could rejoine the two columns using
the =concatenate(B1," ",C1) function. The " " will put a space between the
fields.

"tapndog" wrote in message
I have clients listed in alphabetical order, name in column A, type in B,
street address in column C, ect. I want to sort my list by addresses,
preferably the street number and name as follows... Wilson 138 Arnold

Dr.
KIng 140 Arnold Dr.
Davis 189 Arnold Dr.
Lang 103 Bell Creek
Morris 285 Burtman Road.

PATRICK AND CHERY LANANE

You could always put your street number & street name in separate cells.
I was hoping for something else. Maybe the simplest solutions are the
best??
If you come up with better, please post, it sounds like the type of info I
may need at some point at work.