Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Heat Map

I am conducting a risk analysis of a business. I have identified controls
and i have calculated a "control score" for each. The scores range from low
to moderate, high, severe, etc. I currently have a grid in Excel which has
numbers that coincide with colors. For example, the lower scores fall in the
green boxes, the moderate scores fall in the yellow/orange boxes and the
severe scores fall in the red boxes. Because this is a grid, it has the
appearance of squares. I use the drawing tools to manually plot the various
controls on the grid where their score falls. I wanted to know how to get a
gradient fill for the colors in a chart so that i can plot the values on a
"smooth" graph. Of course, the colors would have to line up with my scores,
so that a score of say 90 appeared in the red area, whereas a score of 20
appeared in the green area. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

you can create heat maps by using the chart type called Surface Plot, you
would choose the 1st one on the second row.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire