Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formulas

I am trying to do a formula where I can start with ="Balance Sheet at "&cell
that contains date so it ends up being "Balance Sheet at 6/30/08" and the
cell that includes the date is formatted as a date cell but when it comes out
as "Balance Sheet at 39538".
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this
Change A1 to your needs
="Balance Sheet"&TEXT(A1," m/d/yyyy")

"Sarah74" wrote:

I am trying to do a formula where I can start with ="Balance Sheet at "&cell
that contains date so it ends up being "Balance Sheet at 6/30/08" and the
cell that includes the date is formatted as a date cell but when it comes out
as "Balance Sheet at 39538".

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi,
try this...
="Balance Sheet AT " & text(A1,"mm/dd/yy")

regards
FSt1

"Sarah74" wrote:

I am trying to do a formula where I can start with ="Balance Sheet at "&cell
that contains date so it ends up being "Balance Sheet at 6/30/08" and the
cell that includes the date is formatted as a date cell but when it comes out
as "Balance Sheet at 39538".

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You guys are great. That worked...thank you. Since that was so easy for you
to figure out, is there a way to do with with currency too? ="Cash: $" &
cell that has currency amount.

Thanks again:)