Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Cat Cat is offline

Default Formula nesting?

I need the formula to come back with certain money when the cell above has a
certain number. This is the formula I have =IF(D5=2,3,0)(D5=2,3,0). If the
cell above has a 2 in it it should have $3 come back. If it has a 3 or
higher it should have $5 come back. If the cell is lower than 2 it should
have $0.
Please see example below:
C D E F G H
John Doe 3 2 1 4 0 <-------------------Condition
$5 $3 $0 $5 $0 <-----------------Formula
PLEASE HELP!
--
Thank you so much!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this in D2 as the start
=IF(D1<2,0,IF(D1=3,5,IF(D1=2,3,"undefined")))
The "undefined" is out there for any value between 2 and 3, such as 2.5.

"Cat" wrote:

I need the formula to come back with certain money when the cell above has a
certain number. This is the formula I have =IF(D5=2,3,0)(D5=2,3,0). If the
cell above has a 2 in it it should have $3 come back. If it has a 3 or
higher it should have $5 come back. If the cell is lower than 2 it should
have $0.
Please see example below:
C D E F G H
John Doe 3 2 1 4 0 <-------------------Condition
$5 $3 $0 $5 $0 <-----------------Formula
PLEASE HELP!
--
Thank you so much!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 09:55:02 -0700, Cat
wrote:

I need the formula to come back with certain money when the cell above has a
certain number. This is the formula I have =IF(D5=2,3,0)(D5=2,3,0). If the
cell above has a 2 in it it should have $3 come back. If it has a 3 or
higher it should have $5 come back. If the cell is lower than 2 it should
have $0.
Please see example below:
C D E F G H
John Doe 3 2 1 4 0 <-------------------Condition
$5 $3 $0 $5 $0 <-----------------Formula
PLEASE HELP!

Assuming that there are only integers in D5
you may try this formula:

=IF(D5<2,0,IF(D5=2,3,5))

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Cat Cat is offline

IT WORKED! YOU ARE A ROCK STAR!!!
--
Thank you so much!

"Cat" wrote:

I need the formula to come back with certain money when the cell above has a
certain number. This is the formula I have =IF(D5=2,3,0)(D5=2,3,0). If the
cell above has a 2 in it it should have $3 come back. If it has a 3 or
higher it should have $5 come back. If the cell is lower than 2 it should
have $0.
Please see example below:
C D E F G H
John Doe 3 2 1 4 0 <-------------------Condition
$5 $3 $0 $5 $0 <-----------------Formula
PLEASE HELP!
--
Thank you so much!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Looks like I wasn't the only one to provide a solution - just the quickest
one on the keyboard ---- this time.

"Cat" wrote:

IT WORKED! YOU ARE A ROCK STAR!!!
--