Heather

Default Default to beginning of month

In cell A10 is a date (e.g. 8/23/2005), I need the next cell to always
default to the beginning the of month that correspondes to the date in cell
A10. (e.g. 8/01/2005)
How do you do this?????

Thanks in advance.
--
Heather

Heather

IT WORKS!!!!

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED!!

HEATHER

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

=DATE(YEAR(A10),MONTH(A10),1)

Biff

"Heather" wrote in message
In cell A10 is a date (e.g. 8/23/2005), I need the next cell to always
default to the beginning the of month that correspondes to the date in
cell
A10. (e.g. 8/01/2005)
How do you do this?????

Thanks in advance.