Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to add a circle to a letter in excel

Is there a menu in excel could add a circle around letter "A"?

Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how to add a circle to a letter in excel

Yes, you can add a circle around a letter in Excel. Here's how:
  1. First, select the cell containing the letter you want to add a circle around.
  2. Next, go to the Insert tab in the Excel ribbon.
  3. Click on the Shapes button, which is located in the Illustrations group.
  4. Choose the circle shape from the list of shapes.
  5. Click and drag the cursor on the cell to draw the circle around the letter.
  6. You can adjust the size and position of the circle by clicking and dragging the edges or corners of the shape.
  7. To change the color or style of the circle, right-click on the shape and select Format Shape from the dropdown menu.
  8. In the Format Shape pane, you can choose a different color, add a border, or adjust other formatting options.
  9. Once you're happy with the circle, you can move or resize the cell as needed to fit it into your worksheet.

That's it! You now have a circle around your letter in Excel.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

you mean @ symbol or are you referring to create a new symbol?

Holly wrote:

Is there a menu in excel could add a circle around letter "A"?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Insert Symbol...
Font: Arial Unicode MS
Character Code: 24b6

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200747

"Holly" wrote:

Is there a menu in excel could add a circle around letter "A"?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No.

Try to find a font that has the circled letters.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 09:14:01 -0700, Holly
wrote:

Is there a menu in excel could add a circle around letter "A"?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Alternative to Character Code..........

InsertSymbol
FontArial Unicode MS
SubsetEnclosed Alphanumerics.

Thanks for pointing me in this direction Student

Gord

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 09:39:01 -0700, Gary''s Student
wrote:

Insert Symbol...
Font: Arial Unicode MS
Character Code: 24b6

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This works, Thanks.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Alternative to Character Code..........

InsertSymbol
FontArial Unicode MS
SubsetEnclosed Alphanumerics.

Thanks for pointing me in this direction Student

Gord

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 09:39:01 -0700, Gary''s Student
wrote:

Insert Symbol...
Font: Arial Unicode MS
Character Code: 24b6

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It is really amazing how many characters are available in Unicode.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200747

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Alternative to Character Code..........

InsertSymbol
FontArial Unicode MS
SubsetEnclosed Alphanumerics.

Thanks for pointing me in this direction Student

Gord

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 09:39:01 -0700, Gary''s Student
wrote:

Insert Symbol...
Font: Arial Unicode MS
Character Code: 24b6