Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how can I add time in excel to determine how long something took?

if I put down 7 am in one column and 4:49 pm in another, what formula do I
use to determine total time (9.81 hours)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=(4:49 pm - 7:00 am) * 24

Make sure the times are formatted as times and the calculation is formatted
as a number.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Eric" wrote:

if I put down 7 am in one column and 4:49 pm in another, what formula do I
use to determine total time (9.81 hours)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Eric

assuming the 07:00 am is a1 and 04:49 pm on B1

=(b1-a1)*24

hth
--
regards from Brazil