Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I vlookup multiple rows with same reference?

I have 2 worksheets - 1 sheet to pull into and the second sheet is a list of
source data.
First sheet
Number Date Qty Date Qty
12345 12/1/08 3 1/6/09 4

Second sheet
12345 12/1/08 3
12345 1/6/09 4
12345 2/7/09 5

I want to pull in the first date reference on sheet 2 into date 1 on sheet
1, qty 1 from sheet 2 into sheet 1 Qty 1, Date 2 from sheet 2 into Date 2 on
sheet 1, qty 2 from sheet 2 into qty 2 on sheet 1 and so forth. VLookup will
only pick up the first instance for that reference number (12345) from the
list on sheet 2. Can anyone help me with a formula to pick up the 2nd, 3rd
(and so forth) references from the list for the same number? Any help would
be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use AutoFilter.

You can selectively display all rows that have 12345 in the given column.
Then just copy/paste the visible rows.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200776

"Kathie C" wrote:

[...]