Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Macro won't select columns

I have a macro that I want to select columns A & B, however it appears
because I have Merged cells in rows 1-3 it is selecting A thru P. Does anyone
know a way to prevent this from happening? My code is below.

Columns("A:B").Select
Selection.ColumnWidth = 5

Thanks
Vick
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The way to avoid it is DO NOT MERGE CELLS. They are a pox on spreadsheets,
screwing up range selection, sorting, formatting, etc.

Virtually anything you can do with merged cells can be done WITHOUT merging
cells and without screwing up your spreadsheet