Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
j0hnt52

Default sort a range of numbers ignoring preceding letters

I have a range of reference IDs that are in the format:
AAA ###.### (eg ABC 123.456)
I wish to sort the range based only on the numbers in the ID (ignore any
text preceding the numbers).
I can use "text to columns" and then sort, but I was hoping there was an
easier way.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max

One way ..

Assuming data in A1 down

Put in B1: =MID(A1,SEARCH(" ",A1)+1,99)+0
Copy down

Then sort both cols A and B by col B
--
Max