Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ljt ljt is offline

Default How do you identify the first row as headers in EXCEL 2007?

I am trying to identify my first row as headers in Excel 2007. What used to
be so easy is truly a mystery now. Can anyone please tell me where I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

By 'header' I'm assuming you mean freeze panes? It's on the View tab on the
ribbon. You can also get to it by pressong Alt-W, then F

"ljt" wrote:

I am trying to identify my first row as headers in Excel 2007. What used to
be so easy is truly a mystery now. Can anyone please tell me where I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

ljt -

Select the data or a single cell in a database. Choose Data | Sort, or
choose Home | Sort & Filter | Custom Sort. Either way the Sort dialog box
appears, and the checkbox for "My data has headers" is in the top right
corner.

- Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel

"ljt" wrote in message
I am trying to identify my first row as headers in Excel 2007. What used
be so easy is truly a mystery now. Can anyone please tell me where I do
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Click the MS Office logo icon on the left side of the application window and
select page setup from the menu
--
Kevin Backmann

"ljt" wrote:

I am trying to identify my first row as headers in Excel 2007. What used to
be so easy is truly a mystery now. Can anyone please tell me where I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am assuming you what some cells printed at the top of each sheet of paper
(not 'Headers' in the Excel sense)
Fro XL2007 Help:

Print row or column labels on every page
Select the worksheet or worksheets that you want to print. How to select
worksheets
To select Do this A single sheet Click the sheet tab.
If you don't see the tab that you want, click the tab scrolling buttons to
display the tab, and then click the tab.
Two or more adjacent sheets Click the tab for the first sheet. Then hold
down SHIFT while you click the tab for the last sheet that you want to
select. Two or more nonadjacent sheets Click the tab for the first sheet.
Then hold down CTRL while you click the tabs of the other sheets that you
want to select. All sheets in a workbook Right-click a sheet tab, and then
click Select All Sheets on the shortcut menu (shortcut menu: A menu that
shows a list of commands relevant to a particular item. To display a
shortcut menu, right-click an item or press SHIFT+F10.).
Tip When multiple worksheets are selected, [Group] appears in the title bar
at the top of the worksheet. To cancel a selection of multiple worksheets in
a workbook, click any unselected worksheet. If no unselected sheet is
visible, right-click the tab of a selected sheet, and then click Ungroup
Sheets on the shortcut menu.
On the Page Layout tab, in the Page Setup group, click Print Titles.

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"ljt" wrote in message
I am trying to identify my first row as headers in Excel 2007. What used
be so easy is truly a mystery now. Can anyone please tell me where I do
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select File, Page Set up, Sheet, Print Titles, put cursor in box of Rows to
Repeat, left cick on row on worksheet you want to show on every page, that
row will appear on your Rows to Repeat box, click OK.
--
Holly N