Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Open new instance of excel every time I click file

I have Excel 2003. I want Excel to open a new session of Excel when I click
on an Excel file every time instead of it opening into the current session of
excel. How can I set this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:

Open Windows Explorer
Select "Tools"
Select "Folder Options"
Select the "File Types" Tab
Scroll down to find and select the XLS extension
Click the "Advanced" Button
Select the "Open" action from the list
Click the "Edit..." Button
Where is says "Application used to perform action:"
If not already there, add:

/e "%1"

to the end of the file path
Uncheck the "Use DDE" box
Click OK
Click OK
Click Close

That should do it.

HTH,
Elkar

"VIPGeorge" wrote:

I have Excel 2003. I want Excel to open a new session of Excel when I click
on an Excel file every time instead of it opening into the current session of
excel. How can I set this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tools menu Options General tab
Check the Ignore Other Applications checkbox.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"VIPGeorge" wrote in message
I have Excel 2003. I want Excel to open a new session of Excel when I click
on an Excel file every time instead of it opening into the current session
of
excel. How can I set this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tools-Options-View-Windows in Taskbar

"VIPGeorge" wrote:

I have Excel 2003. I want Excel to open a new session of Excel when I click
on an Excel file every time instead of it opening into the current session of
excel. How can I set this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jon,

I've seen a lot of other responses, but this is the only one that actually
did what I needed. Thanks.
--
Email address is not valid.
Please reply to newsgroup only.

"VIPGeorge" wrote in message
I have Excel 2003. I want Excel to open a new session of Excel when I click
on an Excel file every time instead of it opening into the current session
of
excel. How can I set this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"VIPGeorge" wrote in message
I have Excel 2003. I want Excel to open a new session of Excel when I click
on an Excel file every time instead of it opening into the current session
of
excel. How can I set this?

and what to do when i have compatibility plugin? it wont work then...