Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Save As Functionality

I have noticed that when i go to file - save as... and then select the drop
down list to select the drive i wanna put my .xls file into... that it takes
sometimes 3-4 minutes for it to drop down. This doesnt happen in any other
Office program. I am on a company network (fyi)

I have logged off my account and loged into the admin account and test this
same function. it doesnt happen on the admin account.

Does anyone have any idea whats going on and how to fix it?

The only think that i can think of is, is by renaming the users account that
it is affected to while loged into admin. then log off admin and then back in
as the user.
by doing this it recreates the users profile for the computer. then this
issue is resolved.. but then i have the hassle of moving back my documents
and whatever else i need to move back..

thanx for your time,
douglas
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Windows XP: Right-click on the My Computer icon on the Windows desktop
or in the Windows Start menu, left-click on Disconnect Network Drive,
and disconnect any mapped drives that are not currently available.

Windows Vista: Click on Start | Computer | Tools | Disconnect Network
Drive, and disconnected any mapped drives that are not currently available.