barnes76

Default Columns in Excel are numbers instead of letters, how do I change .

Recently when I open Excel, both the rows and columns are numbers. They are
referenced R1C1, instead of A1 for row one column one. When I use Excel on
another computer and then open that saved file on mine, then it is fine. The
problem occurs when I attempt to open a new spreadsheet from my cpu.
Any suggestions? I have obviously changed a setting somehow.
Thank you.
Max

Click Tools Options General tab
Uncheck "R1C1 reference style" OK
--
Rgds
Max

"barnes76" wrote in message
Recently when I open Excel, both the rows and columns are numbers. They

are
referenced R1C1, instead of A1 for row one column one. When I use Excel on
another computer and then open that saved file on mine, then it is fine.

The
problem occurs when I attempt to open a new spreadsheet from my cpu.
Any suggestions? I have obviously changed a setting somehow.
Thank you.

Max

"barnes76" wrote:
Thank you very much!