marksuza

Default Plus sign in front of a formula

Hi,

I have a simple question here, I am looking at a spreasheet and there
is a plus sign in front of all the sum formulas, ex: =+SUM(E28;E30),
what does it mean? Thanks for the help.

Marcos

--
marksuza
marksuza's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2659

Timmy Mac1

I'm still used to starting formulas off with a plus sign to indicate I
want the cell to be a formula. I think this was one way you could do it
in old forms of excel. Nowadays all formulas begin with an equals sign.
If you begin a formula with anything like a + or a - now, excel
automatically puts the = in. Thus you can end up with formulas
beginning =+.

Not sure but I think this is why.

--
Timmy Mac1
Timmy Mac1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15188

marksuza

Thanks Timmy.

Marcos

--
marksuza
marksuza's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2659
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=477896

Chip Pearson

It is a holdover from Lotus 123 compatibility. It serves no
purpose in Excel, but is harmless if included.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Timmy Mac1"
wrote
in message

I'm still used to starting formulas off with a plus sign to
indicate I
want the cell to be a formula. I think this was one way you
could do it
in old forms of excel. Nowadays all formulas begin with an
equals sign.
If you begin a formula with anything like a + or a - now, excel
automatically puts the = in. Thus you can end up with formulas
beginning =+.

Not sure but I think this is why.

--
Timmy Mac1