Kent

Default How to embed Word document into Excel and retain sizing, formatti.

I am using the Paste SpecialWord Document to embed my word 2000 document
onto my Excel 2000 spreadsheet. The word document will be used for
descriptions of exceptions to the specifications in my bids. Our sales
assistant will copy the text from my embedded word document and past it into
her Sales Proposal document.
The problem I have encountered is this: When I double click on the embedded
word document so I can edit the document and add text the document formatting
changes. The size of the document shrinks to a document that is smaller than
the underlying spreadsheet and a bold line appears near the center of the
document. The area below the document turns to a charcoal grey. The document
will not allow me to resize it using the format object box or by dragging the
handles. How can I talk Excel into cooperating with Word so I can use the
word document like a word document complete with formatting etc?