Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
NWI NWI is offline

Default Convert text to columns

After pasting tesxt into an excel ss I choose convert test to columns in the
Data menu. This works well. However now anything I paste into the same
spreadsheet excel converts test to columns for all posted data

How do I stop this on subsequent pastes
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel likes to help, you'll see that excel remembers those parsing rules the
next time you paste.

You can close and reopen excel (yech!).

You can put some dummy text into an empty cell
data|text to columns|delimited, uncheck everything
and finish up
and clean up that cell with the dummy text.

And excel will have forgotten how to help.

(Those are the only ways I know to stop this behavior.)

--

Dave Peterson