tom

Default How do I keep the zeros in front of numbers when i split a cell

I am splitting a cell in the cell is dix00001
I need to split it from the first three letters, and when I do I get dix in
one cell and a 1 in the second cell and I need 00001 in the xecond cell. I
have tried formatting the column to text and general.
Help!!!
Bob Phillips

Either format it as 00000

or get it with

=TEXT(RIGHT(A1,5),"00000")

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"tom" wrote in message
I am splitting a cell in the cell is dix00001
I need to split it from the first three letters, and when I do I get dix

in
one cell and a 1 in the second cell and I need 00001 in the xecond cell.

have tried formatting the column to text and general.
Help!!!

Ashish Mathur

You can also achieve this through the format cells option in the format
menu. Select thr cell and in custom number formats, go to Generel and
replace it with "0000"General

Regards,

Ashish Mathur