Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Can I change my default settings to never show gridlines ?

I would like to change my preferences to never have gridlines appear on my
worksheets.

I don't want to have to change it each time I start a new worksheet.

Can this be done??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes it can be done.

Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish. FileSave
As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your workbook
"BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT.

Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

This will be the default workbook for FileNew or the Toolbar button FileNew

Do not use FileNew...Blank Workbook or you will get the Excel default workbook.

Existing workbooks are not affected by these settings.

You can also open a new workbook and delete all but one sheet. Customize as
you wish then save this as SHEET.XLT in XLSTART folder also. It now becomes
the default InsertSheet.

More can be found on this in Help under "templates"(no quotes).

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 09:46:02 -0700, beach chick <beach
wrote:

I would like to change my preferences to never have gridlines appear on my
worksheets.

I don't want to have to change it each time I start a new worksheet.

Can this be done??

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP