sami b

Default how do i create an exploded bar chart

need help to create a 3d exploded bar chart from a standard excel data
worksheet
Jon Peltier

My least favorite chart type, hard to use it without distorting the
data. Unless that's your intention... work for the government?

Anyway, it's like any chart. Assuming you have labels in one column (or
row) and values in the next, select this region with the data, and start
the chart wizard (use the toolbar button, or select Chart from the
Insert menu). In step 1, choose the pie chart type and the exploded 3D
subtype, then go through the rest of the wizard.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

sami b wrote:

need help to create a 3d exploded bar chart from a standard excel data
worksheet

Andy Pope

Hi Jon,

This will work if the OP meant pie instead of bar.

If they meant bar maybe they will post a little more detail on what an
exploding one is.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Jon Peltier

Yep, I saw the word 'exploded', and pie just popped into my head. The
"trailer trash" of charts, as our esteemed colleague Debra once called
them.

Exploded bar doesn't make any sense, and I suppose exploded scatter is
somewhat redundant.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Tushar Mehta wrote:

Isn't that amazing? What the OP had posted just didn't register. Only
what I would have written after 'exploded' (in the context of a chart
that is).