Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default embedded pdf object

Hi,

I used INSERT / OBJECT to insert embedded pdf objects into excel
spreadsheet. I even changed the icon name of pdf file image in this
spreadsheet. I noticed that I can drag and drop this embedded object
on to my desktop. However, when I do so, it changes the file
name...so what used to be named George (2001) changes now to Scrap
(1).shs. I can still open the file and it is a pdf format but it
hasn't retained the name and the icon that I had clicked on does not
look like a pdf icon, it looks like a "scrap" of paper.

I emailed this Scrap(1).shs in outlook and get the following error:

"This item contains attachments that are potentially unsafe.
Recepients using Microsoft Outlook may not be able to open these
attachments. Do you want to send anyway?"

How can I retain the icon name (George (2001)) and retain the pdf file
extension when I drag and drop on the desktop?

Any help here would be great. It would be great to be able to drag
and drop on to desktop and would like to make this possible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Oct 3, 9:41 pm, wrote:
[...]

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Is this doable?