Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
yrat

Default How do I replace a "#N/A" formula result with a blank in excel?

As a result of a Vlookup formula a cell gives #N/A. The formula and the data
that it looks up is good. It should give a #N/A. I need the cell instead of
displaying #N/A to display nothing (blank) without deleting the formula.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Barb Reinhardt

try
=if(isna(vlookup(...),"",vlookup())

"yrat" wrote in message
As a result of a Vlookup formula a cell gives #N/A. The formula and the
data
that it looks up is good. It should give a #N/A. I need the cell instead
of
displaying #N/A to display nothing (blank) without deleting the formula.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Anne Troy

=if(isna(vlookup....),"",vlookup(....))

************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"yrat" wrote in message
As a result of a Vlookup formula a cell gives #N/A. The formula and the
data
that it looks up is good. It should give a #N/A. I need the cell instead
of
displaying #N/A to display nothing (blank) without deleting the formula.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
paul

if(isna(your lookup formula),"",your lookup formula)
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!

"yrat" wrote:

As a result of a Vlookup formula a cell gives #N/A. The formula and the data
that it looks up is good. It should give a #N/A. I need the cell instead of
displaying #N/A to display nothing (blank) without deleting the formula.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max

An alternative to direct error-trapping would be to use conditional
formatting to mask the display, with the active cell formula, eg: =
ISNA(A1), then choosing a font color to match the cell's fill color
(eg applying a white font color, which blends with the default cell fill of
"no colour")
--
Max
Singapore
"yrat" wrote in message
As a result of a Vlookup formula a cell gives #N/A. The formula and the

data
that it looks up is good. It should give a #N/A. I need the cell instead

of
displaying #N/A to display nothing (blank) without deleting the formula.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max

Example:

Assuming the VLOOKUPs are say, in A1:A10

To mask the possible returns of #N/As
within the VLOOKUP range with conditional formatting ..

Select A1:A10
(ensure A1 is the active cell)

Click Format Cond Formatting
Formula is: =ISNA(A1)
Click Format button Font tab Font color white*? OK
Click OK at the main dialog
*choose a font color which matches the cell's fill color

--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895