Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sumif data from multiple columns

I need to do this:

A B D
F H
32 3 2
3 4
44 3 3
2 3

Column A is a Length of material, Coulmns b, c, d, etc are how many pieces
apply to that length for a given type of material. There is an additional
material that holds three bars. So I need to know how many bars total I would
need based on this.

Example that doesn't work:
=SUMIF(F5:F23,H5:H23,J5:J23,L5:L23,N5:N23,P5:P23," =3",C5:C23)

Not thinking too hard, just hope someone has an answer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It's difficult to determine your data layout.
What are the references to columns J, L, M and P in your formula?

Dave

url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/104233407.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry guys that was an exapmle out of another spreadsheet. I want to find the
number "3" in every other column in my spreadsheet starting with coulumn "b",
add the count of occurences in a given row and multiply by the length in
column A, and recieve a total for all rows. Does that help?

"Dave Curtis" wrote:

It's difficult to determine your data layout.
What are the references to columns J, L, M and P in your formula?

Dave

url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/104233407.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT((MOD(COLUMN(B1:E5),2)=0)*(B1:E5=3)*A1: A5)

Adjust ranges to suit.

As written, it tests B1:B5 and D1:D5 for the number 3.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP