Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Is there a way to automatically hide empty rows?

I'm building a new spreadsheet to track customer specific inventory at work
and I'm trying to do it in a way that prevents my less than computer friendly
coworkers from erasing my formulas. So I am setting up a start up sheet,
followed by a separate sheet for each month of the year. I want to be able to
input locations and products on the first page, and then use a macro to
update the information onto the spreadsheet, into the months that it pertains
to. I've got that all worked out except for one small problem, my start up
sheet contains empty lines so locations and products can be entered in the
future, and when I update my spreadsheet with the macro, it unhides all the
empty rows on the destination sheet when it pastes the data. For me, it's not
a problem, I'd just manually hide them, but for the people I'm building the
sheets for, they have no clue of how to hide a row, and rows end up deleted,
formulas screwed up, and I get a migraine.

Is there a way for me to get the empty rows to automatically hide when I
click my updating macro? I've tried some filters, but I have to admit I'm
confused because this would be my first foray into making things automatic.

Help please?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You might try using an Auto Filter.

Columns("A:A").Select
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="<"

This will hide all rows (up to last row with data) where the cell in column
A is blank (not empty as there may be formulas)
Adjust to the appropriate column.

HTH,
Paul