Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Six Sigma Blackbelt

Default converting Days Hours & minutes into just minutes in excel

converting Days Hours & minutes into just minutes in excel, this is my data
set - 0:16:30 in Day hours and minutes, I need to change this to just minutes
wich would be 990 minutes, how can i do this please.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Barb Reinhardt

Try

=A1*24*60*60

"Six Sigma Blackbelt" wrote:

converting Days Hours & minutes into just minutes in excel, this is my data
set - 0:16:30 in Day hours and minutes, I need to change this to just minutes
wich would be 990 minutes, how can i do this please.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

Format Custom as [mm]
If you want to calculate with it as number 990:

=A1*24*60

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Six Sigma Blackbelt" <Six Sigma wrote in message
| converting Days Hours & minutes into just minutes in excel, this is my data
| set - 0:16:30 in Day hours and minutes, I need to change this to just minutes
| wich would be 990 minutes, how can i do this please.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

If you have something that looks like 0:16:30 and you think it is 0 days, 16
hours and 30 minutes,
it's no, excel thinks it is 16 minutes and 30 seconds,

however just as long as you know that you can convert it, assume the value
is in
A1

=A1*86400

format as general

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

"Six Sigma Blackbelt" <Six Sigma wrote
in message ...
converting Days Hours & minutes into just minutes in excel, this is my
data
set - 0:16:30 in Day hours and minutes, I need to change this to just
minutes
wich would be 990 minutes, how can i do this please.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Six Sigma Blackbelt

Thanks that was a life saver, thanks again.

"Niek Otten" wrote:

Format Custom as [mm]
If you want to calculate with it as number 990:

=A1*24*60

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Six Sigma Blackbelt" <Six Sigma wrote in message
| converting Days Hours & minutes into just minutes in excel, this is my data
| set - 0:16:30 in Day hours and minutes, I need to change this to just minutes
| wich would be 990 minutes, how can i do this please.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
daddylonglegs

Six Sigma Blackbelt Wrote:
converting Days Hours & minutes into just minutes in excel, this is my
data
set - 0:16:30 in Day hours and minutes, I need to change this to just
minutes
wich would be 990 minutes, how can i do this please.

If you're just concerned with what is displayed.....

If you input 0:16:30 in excel then this will be interpreted as 16
minutes 30 seconds.In this case to display as 990 custom format as [s]

If you do indeed have a cell formatted as d:hh:mm which shows 0:16:30
then just reformat as [m] and it should show 990

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486