John Calder

Default Change Data In Pivot Table

Hi

I run Windows 2000 & Excell 2000. The workbook I use has a pivot table in
it. When I delete some data from the middle of the pivot table and I refresh
the pivot table the whole pivot table disappears. I have tried deleting some
rows from the data table but same result. I have tried deleting some data
from the middle of the table then doing a sort so that the empty cells are at
the bottom of the data table but I still lose the pivot table when I do a
refresh.

Of course I can delete some data and completely rebuild the pivot table but
I would like to avoid this. Is there any way of removing/adding data to the
middle of the data table without losing the pivot table?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Debra Dalgleish

If you delete data from the data table, you should delete the rows,
instead of clearing the data. The pivot source range should
automatically adjust to the the deleted rows.

Another option is to use a dynamic range as the source. There are
instructions he

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List