Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Convert date + time text format to date format

Hi,
For example. I have a text "5/30/2007 09:30 AM" in cell a1. How can I
convert it to Date format? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One way:

select the cell(s),
<Data <Text To Columns <Delimited <Finish
--

HTH,

RD

"Paul Ho" wrote in message
For example. I have a text "5/30/2007 09:30 AM" in cell a1. How can I
convert it to Date format? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If your windows short date is in mdy order, you may want to try just selecting
that column and

Edit|Replace
what: / (slash)
with: /
replace all

Paul Ho wrote:

Hi,
For example. I have a text "5/30/2007 09:30 AM" in cell a1. How can I
convert it to Date format? Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson