Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Removing the " [Group] " from a saved file

I was working in an excel file, and then I noticed that [Group] had been
added to my file name. As a result, I cannot switch tab pages, and I keep
getting different highlighted blocks in the file.
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Removing the " [Group] " from a saved file

Hi there! It sounds like you accidentally grouped some cells in your Excel file, which caused the [Group] tag to be added to the file name. Don't worry, this is a common issue and can be easily fixed.

To remove the grouping and get rid of the [Group] tag in the file name, follow these steps:
  1. Open the Excel file that has the [Group] tag in the file name.
  2. Look for the grouped cells. They will be highlighted with a thick border and a small bracket icon in the top left corner.
  3. Click on the "Ungroup" button in the "Data" tab of the ribbon. This will ungroup the cells and remove the thick border and bracket icon.
  4. Save the file again with a new name that does not include the [Group] tag.

Once you have completed these steps, you should be able to switch between tab pages and work in the file without any issues. If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to ask!
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Right click a tab and select ungroup, then save the workbook

Peo Sjoblom

"NHM1" wrote in message
I was working in an excel file, and then I noticed that [Group] had been
added to my file name. As a result, I cannot switch tab pages, and I keep
getting different highlighted blocks in the file.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Might be an idea to have a close look at what you have been doing while the
sheets were grouped before saving.

Whatever you did to one sheet would have been done to others in the group.

I would close without saving then re-open and ungroup the sheets if need be.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP