Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default using column 1 as x-axis data

How do I tell excel 2007 to use the 1st column, "A", of my selected data
range as the x-axis data for a chart.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Sun, 15 Apr 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Guillermo3535 said:
How do I tell excel 2007 to use the 1st column, "A", of my selected data
range as the x-axis data for a chart.

Make sure you leave the top of the first column blank when you select
the range for auto chart creation. If you give the first column a title
heading, it will treat it as a data range and not as an x-axis.

You can put a title heading in after you have created the chart.

--
Del Cotter
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Except if you are making an XY chart.
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

Guillermo3535 said:
How do I tell excel 2007 to use the 1st column, "A", of my selected data
range as the x-axis data for a chart.

Make sure you leave the top of the first column blank when you select the
range for auto chart creation. If you give the first column a title
heading, it will treat it as a data range and not as an x-axis.

You can put a title heading in after you have created the chart.

--
Del Cotter
NB Personal replies to this post will send email to
,