Pwanda

Default Row reference increment but preserve column reference

Hi,

I need to refer to another workbook using:

='[120 RANDOM WORDS.XLS]GROUP 3'!$A83

I need to import data from A83-A98 from one workbook to another, but across
a row (ie. autofill does not work). How can i adjust the formula so it
increments the row number but not the column? thanks
Duke Carey

Copy this formula into the leftmost cell where you want the data

='[120 RANDOM WORDS.XLS]GROUP 3'!$A83

Then put this in the next cell to the right, adjusting the reference in the
COUNTA() function to reflect the cell used above

=OFFSET('[120 RANDOM WORDS.XLS]GROUP 3'!$A83,COUNTA($A1:A1),0)

& Copy it to the other cells