Steve Williams

Default Converting from time format to decimal and figuring the difference

I am creating a dialy time record for reporting to an online time card
system. I need to convert from excel's time format to decimal format and
figure the difference from start time and finish time in 1/10th hour
increments and have it displayed it as such.
David McRitchie

Hi Steve,
I expect the first problem you will run into is converting an Excel time to
hours. After you have the difference or sums of Excel times and you want
to convert to hours multiply by 24 and format as a number representing hours
and decimal hours. Time and dates are measured in days after 1899
or other reference point.

For more information on dates and time see
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/datetime.htm
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datetime.htm

I think you will find examples of downloadable time sheets on both
Chip Pearson's site an on John Walkenbach's site (j-walk.com/ss/excel)
---
HTH,