AlZee

Default open ended multi page sum

Ragdyr: Thanks, but the problem is that I have ONE sheet on each of
many (unknown quantity) of workbooks that have to be summed to one
master summary page on the master workbook. The name of the worksheet
on all the sub-workbooks will be the same. The "sum" command does not
appear to work across workbooks. If I knew the number of workbooks
ahead of time I could build =workbook1()+workbook2()...etc up to the
number of workbooks. Not knowing the number I cannot preset it, and if
I use workbook numbers when that workbook does not exist it will not
work.

--
AlZee
AlZee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15906

Ragdyer

Post back with the FULL path and names of your existing WBs, similar to
this:

='f:\PHOENIX\ORDER\[45251.XLS]DYEORDER'!$J$10

I *might* be able to give you a formula and procedure to enable you to
access your existing and "not yet" existing WBs.

Regards,

RD