Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Digital Signature

I had to create a digital signature for a course I was taking in Excel 2007.
How can I now delete this signature? Not just from the document but gone
altogther.

I would be willing to create ANOTHER signature or even edit this one but
can't find where to do that. Please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You need to be logged on as an Administrator to do this. Go to the
Windows Start menu, choose Run, and then enter

CertMgr.msc

This provides for all manner of actions regard certificates.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Excel Product Group, 1998 - 2009
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 13:38:06 -0700, padjo
wrote:

I had to create a digital signature for a course I was taking in Excel 2007.
How can I now delete this signature? Not just from the document but gone
altogther.

I would be willing to create ANOTHER signature or even edit this one but
can't find where to do that. Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Once I delete the signature from my computer, will I be able to access the
documents that are affected. There is one file in particular that the owner
is now not able to open because it keeps saying she needs "cricket". That is
the name I gave the fake digital signature. Since I did not attach a digital
signature to the file, I don't know why she is getting this error and I don't
want to lose the items I have created since. Please advise my next step.

"padjo" wrote:

I had to create a digital signature for a course I was taking in Excel 2007.
How can I now delete this signature? Not just from the document but gone
altogther.

I would be willing to create ANOTHER signature or even edit this one but
can't find where to do that. Please help!

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by padjo View Post

"padjo" wrote:

I had to create a digital signature for a course I was taking in Excel 2007.
How can I now delete this signature? Not just from the document but gone
altogther.

I would be willing to create ANOTHER signature or even edit this one but
can't find where to do that. Please help!
This is a problem with the users which are using self assigned digital certificates, i also faced it, but then i gone for a digital certificate which are published by Microsoft, and they provide a activation or public key to validate that particular signature the clients which get that key, are able to sign document digitally.

Digital certificate

Last edited by martincrow : June 16th 11 at 06:59 AM